Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Encounters: Who are the Jews




I found this page most interesting in talking about the Jewish ethnic divisions. I had no idea it was so diverse until I read this write up concerning it. I hope that the people I met can read this and see the diversity as well. It ranges from European Jews; Caucasus and the Crimea Jews; North Africa, Middle East, Central Asia Jews; Sub-Saharan Africa Jews; South and East Asia Jews; and about the Jews in the Americas being mainly European, Hispanic-Crypto, Amazonian Jews. As well there was mentioned the Jews who had converted to Judaism.


http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jewish_ethnic_divisions

There are so many people in the Bible who are considered Jews and a huge part of God’s plan in bringing all His people back to Him who were not originally Jews. Ruth, Rahab, and Job were all “proselytes” who converted to Judaism and were grafted into God’s family. They converted to the covenant which God had established at the time and by faith were taken in as family. God does not look at genes, but at the heart and only God knows the heart. God desires a pure and contrite heart, not empty sacrifices according to Psalm 51:17. Now we are under the new covenant and along with it God’s establishments under it as well.

According to the True Hebrews there are only these that represent the Twelve tribes of Israel. http://biblicalhebrewsofthebible.ning.com/

The Twelve Tribes of Israel

REUBEN
Seminole Indians

SIMEON
Dominicans

LEVI
Hatians

JUDAH
Black Americans

ZEBULON
Guatamala to Panama (Mayans)

ISSACHAR
Mexicans (Aztec)

MANASSES
Cubans

GAD
North American Indians

ASHER
Columbia to Uraguay (Incas)

NAPHTALI
Argentina to Chile

EPHRAIM
PUETO RICANS

BENJAMIN
West Indians

1 comment:

Follower of Christ said...

Looking at the origins of the 12 tribes makes you think those in this religion haven't gotten out of their back yard. You are right on target - it isn't skin color, ancestory, or citizenship, but faith in Christ alone!