Saturday, November 29, 2008

Inconceivable!

This has to be one of the best known single words from The Princess Bride. It can be used in so many wonderful situations and make complete sense in them all. I personally have decided to use it in describing the situations that have arisen lately. This last month I have been compiling in my head the group of people I like to put next to “Inconceivable!” You personally can place another word in its stead if you prefer. This is what it means to me for this setting…

Hypocrite:
1 : a person who puts on a false appearance of virtue or religion
2 : a person who acts in contradiction to his or her stated beliefs or feelings


The first group/individual of this series is...


Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger:




He supported the courts ruling on overturning Prop 8 by saying the American people were not educated to make that decision.
Now the people voted again and voted again for Prop 8.
Schwarzenegger has allowed verbal and physical abuse, destructive riots, threats to come on many churches without moving a finger, and the destruction of property.

This is our CA governor? I thought his job was to ensure the people were heard instead of encouraging the opposite? Why is he allowing the minority vote to bring fear to the majority vote?

He has stated he personally believes in a marriage between a man and a woman, but supports people’s rights.

Marriage began with God’s blessing and vision, and what he deemed holy and good.
Are now the anti-God raving homosexuals (I know their are homosexuals who want to follow God and do not hate him, but this is what I am feeling from the majority at the moment) now asking for God’s blessing?

This makes no sense.

It just makes it appear they are forcing their lifestyle on the world not for the betterment of man, but for pure "this is what I want and I want it now and you better not get in my way."

I'm not feeling the love and acceptance they parade. I am feeling hate and envy.

Where do you draw the line on rights? Homosexuals have been categorized into a behavior group of people. Okay, well so are thieves, so are people who have sex with animals, so are people who kill, so are people who rape.

Are we going to now allow people who have sex with animals to marry their animal? It is their civil right.

Are we going to let people who commit murder/steal/rape keep on murdering/stealing/raping because they believe it is morally right and so it is their civil right to perform these acts? Would not they be justified in this thought with America’s version of supporting "civil rights"?

I know these are extreme views to play, but honestly who can morally say where the line can be drawn? People make lines and break them constantly.
Where can the line be drawn and not broken? This is an honest question. This power to make and break lines is leading to the degeneration of this once morally and logically run country.

God has drawn the lines already.

Schwarzenegger states he believes the courts will overturn Prop 8 again for the sake of the people. Then he goes on to say that the people made a great decision on voting for Prop 11. Who gave Schwarzenegger the wisdom and right to deem what the people vote smart on and what they vote stupid on?

It is inconceivable to call people stupid for their voting views and then call them smart on their other voting views.

No comments: